Monday, 4 November 2013

#ReasonsWhy- No2: You should be yourself

Hi everyone!

Today I'll be giving you #ReasonsWhy you should be yourself. And you can see them in 5 good reasons.
Now, I need to pop a disclaimer here, just in case some people I know see this. I have two characters- at school I'm more shy and at hockey: I'm at my best. I'm not being hypocritical, so shush your mouth!

1) People will actually like you as YOU- Sometimes it is great to act like the fun playful person or the dry sarcastic person but sometimes you need to be yourself. For example, if you act in a certain way around some people and they like you for it, how will that help anything? It's better to have friends that know the REAL you.
2) It's more simple- Acting different around different people can be complicated. It's almost like putting a different outfit on every time you come across different friends. It would be much more simple to have one 'outfit' for everyone.
3) You might get called fake- Nobody likes to be called fake. But even if you think what you're doing isn't wrong, other people may indeed see it as wrong.
4) Life isn't a popularity contest- Some people change in front of different individuals to increase their popularity. Most people would like to be popular- even me. But being popular won't get you to university. Putting "Most popular at High School" on your CV won't get you a job either.
5) Nobody will know YOU- People won't get to know the real person inside. All they'll know you as is the actor: who isn't you.

 

"Be yourself because an original is better than a copy"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Tell me how I could improve or tell me how much you love me (I know you do!)